Monday 10 May 2010

Some Formula One shots


I've been sorting through some of my photos and came across these. During the early and mid 1990s I went to the British Grand Prix and its qualifying days. This was one of my best photos – Ayrton Senna in a MacLaren. Senna was three times Formula One World Champion and sadly he died in the San Marino GP in May 1994.


This was David Coulthard's pit-crew at a subsequent event.


Mauricio Gugelmin had one of the best helmets and his car - the Leighton House March - had a super livery.


The Benetton was pretty smart too.


Bertrand Gachot in the 7-UP Jordan.


 Michele Alboreto in the rain at Silverstone.


And the real rainmaster - Rubens Barrichello at Donnington for the European Grand Prix.




Erik Comas exploring the gravel trap!



3 comments:

  1. Superb photographs, a real blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What great shots! I can almost smell the rubber and hear the roar! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had formulated what I was going to say and then discovered that Adrian had already said it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive