Monday 15 February 2010

Happy Monday (2) - the Frog Prince

This is the 1750th Post on this Blog! Good Heavens above! What a lot of words I have subjected folk too. This modern fairy tale was one of my earliest contributions. Well worth a repeat, I think.


Once upon a time in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self-assured princess came upon a frog as she sat contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess's lap and said: " Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful and happy doing so. "

That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on lightly sauteed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce, she chuckled and thought to herself: “I don't effin think so”


 

4 comments:

  1. Raining here and yesterday. Rain is OK freezing drizzle is vile.
    Cheered me up as usual. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1750th post! You really have been doing a wonderful job. It's a pretty ambitious undertaking to have a blog every day and several blogs up and running at once (words, book reviews, photos, essays, etc.) What an amazing outpouring of thoughtful essays. Have you ever thought about having them printed off in a book? I for one would love to buy one! :0)
    Congratulations again,
    Canadian Chickadee & English Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have read my thoughts, Carol. I've just started reading my blog from the beginning again seeing if there could be potential for a sort of commonplace book. That was how I came to know I was up to my 1750th post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. One of the best, Bruv.

    Keep on bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive