Thursday 12 November 2009

Rambling among the Word Clouds

While on Gisele’s fascinating blog from St Martin (Guadeloupe) recently I came across a wonderful little toy called Wordle. I’ve hardly been able to stop playing with it since.

Here are some examples of the word clouds I have made by putting my blogs (or extracts thereof) into Wordle and then playing with the colours and layout. You can click on any of the clouds to enlarge it if you wish.


My Book Blog



My Word Blog


 

My Recipe Blog



My Hebridean Blog



My Exeter Blog


 
 


 

Rambles from my Chair


Wordle is either great fun or a waste of time, but hey, what else is there to do when you can’t sleep at 1.20 in the morning and everyone’s asleep?

P.S. Sorry if this took a long time to load GB!

6 comments:

  1. No problem loading that at all. It's generally only postings with really large photos and lots of them which cause a serious problem.

    The effects were , well, um, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you found that soporific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the attraction, but will resist, for I'd be an addict in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, and now I want to play, but it took me weeks to get unhooked from FB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! Your words have now become a new knid of visual art! Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used wordle before also. it is so much fun!! great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive