Thursday 3 September 2009

A Fabulous Morning

GB's latest e-mail said it was a fabulous morning in the Hebrides yesterday. If fabulous means that which is found in fables it is a fabulous morning here now... horrendous gales and rain enough to sink the Argo !

Went to the doctor’s yesterday. He is not impressed with my body. So no Mr Universe title for me and this morning it is an ECG, blood tests, etc. It looks like another hospital visit soon.

I haven’t been on the computer since Tuesday ‘cos I only just managed to drag myself out to the doctor yesterday. Fortunately the surgery is next door to us! I came back and crawled into bed. I feel a lot better this morning – so far at least. I'm fasting for my blood tests. I wonder why one feels like food when one has to fast and yet when one is free to eat the thought of doing so this early in the day - it's only 4 a.m. - would hardly ever enter one’s head.

I've just checked and there are 13 comments to moderate on this blog alone. Proper comments are always welcome but those that simply advertise products or an author's own books will not make it past comment moderation. Unfortunately someone is constantly placing stupid comments on my Book blog so I've had to put word verification back on and restrict comments to Google account holders.

I'd better get on with it...

 

8 comments:

  1. I certainly hope you feel better soon. Selfish cow that I am, that wish is more for my sake than yours - I enjoy your blog and don't like it when I have to do without the things I enjoy! Good luck with the tests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your fasting stint will be over later this morning. At least the blood test might indicate what ails you and why you haven't got a physique like Samson!!!
    We have the gales and rain here too in the South East. I have to go over to Eastbourne for some treatment this morning... and the premises is on the seafront. I shall be lucky to get there in one piece.
    Thinking of you.
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I've ever read you write stupid before (I's write, heard you say...but I haven't ever heard you say anything) :)

    HA! I'm sorry you're feeling SO terribly yuck and that the spam is forcing itself into your book blog.

    Did you draw that picture above? It's miserably cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Heather - I didn't draw the picture and I don't know where it came from. I have this bad habit of storing pictures I like on the computer and then not knowing where they came from. Often, of course, there is no source on the page one gets it from. I hope the artist will forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dear John, We cannot be doing with you being sick. We are thinking of you and hoping that you will soon be "in the pink" again.

    Lots of love Pat xxxx

    PS: Me thinks you need another dose of Hebridean air!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're under the weather, but since I'm at the tag end of the line perhaps you're done with your tests and on the road to feeling much better by now. I'm a bit like Pauline-- a selfish cow and it upsets my day when you don't post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, John, Pauline said it best...do please get well soon! Your blog is one of the very best I've ever seen and I too enjoy 'tuning in' every day to see what's new is the Wirral/world.
    Take care and God bless,
    The Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your pics of doors and windows. They are all so ROMANTIC looking. I find romance in everything...well almost everything! Your rain brings so much lush green to your homeland. It is so beautiful! We were hit with an uncommon rain last night and we just stood in the drive and watched it because it smelled to wonderful and clean! and it was soooo ROMANTIC!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive