Monday 24 August 2009

Rubens



I doubt there is a more popular guy on the GP circuit than Rubens Barrichello. Some might find it surprising that his name is on my Brawn GP cap - rather then that of Button, their British driver. I do like Jensen Button but Rubens has been one of my favourite drivers since he first came to the circuit as a driver for Eddie Jordan.



Yesterday he won the European Grand Prix, taking it by a hair's breadth from Lewis Hamilton. I was delighted and judging by the way he was cheered down the pit lane a lot of the other teams were pleased at his win as well.


He dedicated the win to fellow Brazilian Massa who was severely injured a month ago in a qualifying accident at the last Grand Prix. Barrichello even wore a picture of Massa's helmet on his helmet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive