Wednesday 25 March 2009

My first love

"My first love was a bicycle. I don't expect anyone to understand this, but it was a real pro job as used in the Tour de France. In the middle of the war years, it was my passport to the traffic-free roads of Britain; it literally saved my life and I stared at it for four hours the day I acquired it. I've stared at lots of girls since, but none of them for four hours."
- Jimmy Saville.


I wouldn't quite go so far as Jimmy Saville but I certainly was very fond of my bike - seen above while touring the Cotswolds on a youth hostelling holiday in 1965.
 

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice looking bike. There's nothing quite like riding a bicycle. I remember my first bike-- it was nothing like that one, but I loved it dearly.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive