Tuesday 16 December 2008

National Chocolate Covered Anything Day


Chocolaholics rejoice! Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day. Apparently it is celebrated on December 16th every year. I knew there was a day for just about everything but at least this one has is useful. It gives me an excuse to gorge myself.

Its a great day to indulge, binge, "pig out", and otherwise consume to excess, your favourite food....chocolate. Today, we get to enjoy our beloved chocolate by covering something...just about anything... in a generous amount of chocolate. Pour, spread, or drizzle chocolate over cakes, cupcakes, pies, pancakes, waffles, peanuts, raisins, even ants (yes, some people actually eat chocolate covered ants!). I will let you decide what is too extreme, and how much is too much, if any. Me, I'm going chocolate covered chips of almond and honey = otherwise known as Toblerone.


As chocoloaholics, we shouldn't need any added incentive to enjoy our chocolate. In the giving spirit of the holiday season, make sure to give or share some of your favorite chocolate covered treats today.

Happy National Chocolate Covered Anything Day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Another 'Oh Dear'. Am I turning into a Grumpy Old Man? I didn't think so. But a National Chocolate Day? I ask you. As a recovering chocoholic (I have the same chocolate in the fridge that Wendy put there for my arrival) I would regard that as like having a National Whisky day. Oh dear. I bet I've just given a marketing person an idea. Oh dear. Me having an idea. Now my reputation's really shot to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're too late. I'll be amazed if there isn't already a National Whisky day. Perhaps the day after Burns Night... hair of the dog and all that.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive