Thursday 4 September 2008

Beetroot


Among the fruits and vegetables being grown by Helen and Ian are some beetroot. I love beetroot but have never done anything adventurous with it. Putting it in Scouse or baked beans and having it with salads or as an accompaniment to a range of dishes is the most I've ever done. One of Ian's specialities, it seems, is a beetroot soup.
Whilst investigating this idea I came across an informative and useful site - Eat the Seasons. Just thought my readers might be interested.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ian continues to rise even higher in my estimation. I have made beetroot soup. It is so hard and time-consuming that I decided I would never do it again (unless, perhaps, I bought a kitchen press). Or could I extract the juice with my fruit juicer? Heaven's above. Think of the staining and mess.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive