Wednesday 21 May 2008

Clouds

 

GB and I watched an episode of the TV drama “Lewis” (a spin-off from “Morse”) the other night. One of the characters with a personality disorder spent hours in front of paintings by Constable marvelling at the clouds. He was fascinated by the fact that clouds were only to be seen at that time on that day. Never again would the clouds be the same. I feel somewhat similar as I look around at GB‘s. The sky is visible in every direction - something that is so lacking in an urban environment. And the clouds are ever-changing. Because of the windy nature of the climate the changes are rapid. It gives me such a sensation of being a tiny thing on the planet and of the fleeting nature of my own being as I watch these clouds which will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive