Tuesday 19 February 2008

There was an old woman

 

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.


There was also a time when I knew where every transparency of mine was taken. Not bad considering there are many thousands of them and some show little more than a row of trees or a single fellside. As I scan them into the computer I begin to realise those days are past. Where, for example, is this strange dwelling place? I know it was Devon or Cornwall but the exact location escapes me. Perhaps Magdalen or Helen have spotted it in their travels down there and can tell me?


1 comment:

  1. I too have photos of these pubs. The stagecoach one is the Highwayman Inn at Sourton.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/culture/bookshelf/dartmoor_follies.shtml

    http://www.thehighwaymaninn.net/

    Have a feelilng that the other is nearby, but can't find its name.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive