Friday 15 February 2008

The Gnu

 

As I mentioned when I found the transparency of a King Penguin the other day I am enjoying looking through my old slides and scanning in those that either qualify as the best or which show species, people, events or places of which I do not have better photos. Some of them have been quite a surprise. I had long since forgotten that I once photographed Gnu (otherwise known as Wildebeest) at Chester Zoo. I’m sure I once knew a little poem about a Gnu but searching Google didn’t find it. Instead I found this whimsical little gem from David Llelwellyn of Cardiff.
Wildebeest, wildebeest
You're my lover's favourite feast
It's oxtail soup she likes the least
You poor, delicious wildebeest

2 comments:

  1. Are you, by any chance, thinking of the song "I'm a Gnu, spelt G N U, etc" sung by Flanders and Swann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - thanks for putting me out of my misery. Those who want to may find it at
    http://www.poppyfields.net/poppy/songs/gnu.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive