Monday 29 October 2007

Zen Unwisdom

Words to live by...

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbour's milk, that's the time to do it.
4. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
7. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
8. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
9. Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
10. There are two theories about how to win when arguing with women. Neither one works.
11. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
12. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Some of these will become a mantra for my more cynical days, some for my more hopeful. Good to see you still posting. I've attempted to boost your popularity by putting your blog title up on my my blog under 'Fings I read' Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind at all - in fact I'm flattered. Pleased to know that satisfying one's own urge to blog is appreicated by someone else!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive