Sunday 19 August 2007

Mosquitoes

There are approximately 2,700 different species of mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are attracted to the colour blue more than any other colour. They prefer children over adults – so when you go out walking GB take a child dressed in blue with you... But if that doesn’t work – Allegedly the itch from a mosquito bite can be soothed by cutting open a clove of garlic and rubbing it on the bite.

Mind you, I should think most of the British miosquitoes have drowned this week..

1 comment:

  1. Now if that would work for midges I'd be tempted. Although that having been said (ablative absolute - we both recall that I see)we've been almost midge-free this year. I've not been stopped by midges on any occasion from working outside.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive